I am incredibly proud to announce that we will once again team up with the FilmDayton Festival (8/23 – 8/25) to bring Flick My Clip to the big screen at the Neon Movies again! I can’t tell you how awesome it was to see a jam-packed crowd watching our ridiculousness on the big screen. Thanks to Megan Cooper for reaching out and wanting to support the short comedic art of filmmaking for a second year in a row.
It is really hard for me to believe that this will be the sixth installment of the festival. Time really flies when you’re having fun making comedy. The first five manifestations are proof to me that this just keeps getting better and better each year. Greg Nichols has been integral in helping me with the technical side of putting this together since the outset and whether he knows it or not, I will be relying on him heavily again this year as my feet on the ground in Dayton, Ohio, as I’m living in Los Angeles.
So, what does this mean? It means it is time to get off your asses and make some comedy videos that under five minutes long and submit them to me! PLEASE follow the submission instruction here or your entry may not be considered (keep in mind the submission totals will be higher this year and it remains FREE and I only have so much free time for my eyes and ears):
1. Original work created by you
2. Under 5 minutes in length
3. The aim is comedy
4. Submit via DROPBOX to: firstname.lastname@example.org (it is a free service, so please use it to submit or email the download link to your short to the same address)
5. Mail submission on DVD as a DATA file – NOT AS A PLAYABLE DVD – as a high quality .MP4 or .MOV file ONLY. This will be filmed in a movie theater, so keep in mind your sound quality will be crucial and your aspect ration should be 4:3 when exporting file or creating project. Address:
1133 Justin Ave.
Glendale, CA 91201
6. I only ask that you avoid nudity, but that is the only strong suggestion for your content. Funny comes first, all else is second.
Thanks for your interest in the little comedy shorts festival that is truly a labor of love for me. I really am excited about meeting some new and hilarious creators for this year’s manifestation.This entry was posted in Uncategorized by ryanjsinger with 1 comment